- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for 2 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush gently in a circular motion at a 45-degree angle to the gum.
- Choose a soft toothbrush with a small head.
- Be methodical, starting at one side go all along the top teeth (inside, outside and biting surface) then do the same along the bottom teeth.
- Look into a mirror as you brush, making sure you are reaching all of your teeth.
- Spit out after brushing and do not rinse afterwards.
- Children should be supervised and assisted by a parent/carer until age 7.
Floss everyday! Regular flossing reduces gum disease and bad breath by removing plaque that forms along the gum line and in between the teeth where the tooth brush won’t reach.
Our helpful team are always happy to show adults as well as children, the best brushing techniques as this will change depending on the brush you use.